Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Setting Examples?

Was driving back the other day along Jalan Ampang, a quick glance on my side mirror I saw a motorbike with a man in white shirt and pants holding a the bike handle with his right hand while his left hand is holding something. As he ride nearer, his left hand is apparently holding a handphone. Sms-ing to be exact. A traffic police officer to be exact. A thought came to my mind, aren't drivers (be it a motorbike or car driver) not allowed to sms when you are driving? I know there is a hefty fine for those who got caught sms-ing while driving. Wonder if he will be fined too??
Yeah, I should have took the picture and sent it to The Star newspaper and won a RM 50 prize but I'm just too slow in catching him in the act!

Another incident happened last night when I was driving back home. I was stuck in a traffic jam along the beginning of Jalan Tun Razak just after Sungai Besi, then I saw a police car driving past me on my left hand side and suddenly stop by the road side with the 2 hazzle lights on. As everyone knows, Jalan Tun Razak near that stretch is a super busy road and is always jam up whether day or night. I thought may be the police car wanted to stop a private car cos coincidentally a car drove into the lane in front of the shops and stopped. But no cos a policeman actually came down and walk towards the shop which is a bank. I thought may be he wanna sign the log book of the bank but no, he's actually there to use the atm machine.

Weird as in, they are the enforcement officers but yet they are the ones who never practice what our government preached. Using a phone while driving is wrong in the first scenario and I should think policeman or not, he should be fined just like anyone of us. Going to an atm machine is not a fault but stopping on a very busy road and causing more jam is something not thoughtful for a policeman. The radio stations always asked us to do our part for our community ie not to use handphone while driving, not to be a creative parker etc but isn't it ironic that the law enforcers are not setting a good examples?

No comments: