Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Simple Dinner

Another tiring day for me.

Just finish cooking and eating my dinner. These days I tend to cook a lot. Am in the mood to cook today. After all, I'm tired of eating outside.

I did some simple Chinese dishes today. 2 dishes and 1 soup. A pig stomach soup which I've boiled since morning. Mom got 2 pig stomach cleaned and frozen in the fridge and since she's not free to cook, I shall take over and be the part time chef ;)

For the dish, I prepared a tofu with minced pork and oyster mushroom and a steam sotong.

For tofu, I first fry the chopped garlic till golden before putting in the minced pork. Add seasoning (a little bit of pepper, soy sauce and oyster sauce will do). Stir fried it till it's almost cook. Throw in the oyster mushroom and stir a bit. Let it simmer. Add a little bit of water for some extra gravy (which I love) Lastly, put in the tofu and stir a bit. It's ready for serving.

The sotong is the simpler dish. Cut the sotong and place it in a steam-able plate. Place some shredded ginger and chili on top of it. Mix the seasoning and pour it over the sotong. Steam for 5 minutes and it's ready to eat.

Simple yet delicious, yum yum.
Forget to take some photos of it. Was too hungry just now to even remember about photos hehe.

verdict : I had 2 bowls of rice which is quite rare for me, knowing that I only take half bowl or 1 tablespoon of rice hehehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

er... about the steam sotong part... may I suggest Thai Style? Taste really great. just add some spices from the market then you can have a brand new experience. try it when you have time. :)