Friday, July 18, 2008

Home Made Macaroni Soup

Due to the recent fuel price hike, I tend to cook at home a lot these days. Gotta find ways to cut cost and save some money else all my traveling plans will go down the drain.

Since I'm still not fully recover so I decided to make myself a macaroni soup with whatever ingredients that I can find in my fridge hehe

Dig through my fridge and I found some frozen fish balls and minced pork and ikan bilis cube essense. And there's also the left over prawns from my birthday dinner last Sun. Enough for a pot of macaroni soup for one .. or more hehe

First of all, I de-frost the fish balls and minced pork. Soak them (together with the container) in water. Put on a pot of water to cook my macaroni. Once water is boiled, put in macaroni, add a little bit oil and salt. Stir the macaroni once in awhile to make sure they don't stick together (that's is the purpose of the oil). Once it's cook to my preference, drain the macaroni and set it aside.

On the other hand, put another pot of water to boil. When it's boiled, throw in the ikan bilis cube and stir till it dissolve. Oh, my minced pork has not fully de-froze so I throw it into the microwave for a minute. Once it's fully de-froze, put a little bit of pepper and soy sauce to the minced pork and mix it. Then shape the minced pork into small portion and put into the pot together with the fish ball. Lastly, put in the left over prawns and let it boil. That is the soup for macaroni.

There, my lunch is ready. I gotta say, it's really nice. I had 2 bowls of it! And it's all done in less than 20mins.

Verdict: Am fully satisfied with my lunch ;)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no picture ar? @@" sounds nice though... and congratulations for the success of moving your blog here. ^^"