Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My First Project (Re-post)


From a consultant turning into a contractor is NOT an easy job. Never had I imagine that being a contractor is such tedious job. As my dad decided to venture into design n build business recently, only did I realised how tough is it to be a contractor. Always in the position of a consultant, I saw things which are 'beautified' hehehe Playing 2 roles at 1 time is not easy I can assured you. I have to take into consideration my client's benefit and at the same time I've to be fair to the contractor and myself.
My first project, a single storey bungalow in Cherating. It had just kick start and there's so many issues to tackle which I have no ideas. The surveyor plans, the construction drawings, the details plans and many many more little things which I've no idea of. I cant even imagine how to even start the construction. At times I felt so stupid cos the contractors have to explain everything to me, what are the things that they required, how they do the setting of the building, how they have to plan out the whole construction plan, etc etc. Just like a little kid, I listen to him nodding my head. In my mind, I'm totally blank, don't know nothing about it. Slowly I digest all the informations that he gave me and slowly I start to understand and learn.
A lot of informations is not finalised thus the mess in construction. Thank goodness, the contractor is willing to explain everything to me so that I understand the whole situations or else there's more stress to come. Come to think about it, I know NOTHING at all about construction. Sigh. I've to learn from the very beginning, from scratch. But as a very positive person, I always look at the bright side. This might be my first project and this is also my learning ground. I'm definitely learning a lot of things from this project. I've confident, soon I can manage a whole project by myself (minor projects la hehehe)

No comments: