Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lost Cheque (re-post)

Yet another angry situation I faced.

Recently I setup a company account with a C*** Bank and guess what, for the first ever time that I bank in my cheque for clearance and until today it's has not been cleared. Two days after I bank-in the cheque, I check my current account and found no clearance on the cheque which I had bank-in. Okay, maybe it has not been cleared. But after another 2 days, my cheque is still NOT cleared! Can't be, I told myself. Called up the bank to check and they can not even find where my cheque is. Met up with the bank's branch manager and he said he will help me to check it out. But still nothing came back. I have check with my client and there is no problem with his cheque. Don't think my client would risk being penalized for a bounce cheque. He is a businessman afterall.

I complained to Bank Negara and even went to meet up Bank Negara people. They told me that they are in the process of changing the 'clearing cheque' system or what ever it is. Apparently all the other banks have no complication going through this change BUT the only one bank which has problem is ... yes, that's the bank which I have open my company account with. Sigh. Bank Negara said to give them some time to sort things out. Fine, I relented and wait.

Come today, which is one week already, I have yet to receive ANY news from the Bank regarding my cheque. It is so disappointing and frustrating NOT to mention worrying cause it's quite an amount. Even if the amount is as little as RM 50, I don't think there is a reason for me to go through this, right?

So, I have decided to write in to the bank and request for a explanation regarding my 'lost' cheque. At the same time, I am wondering if I can seek legal advice on any actions which I can take against the bank and compensation on my part? Such trouble for me to go through and not forgetting wasting of my precious time. Time which I can use to get a few more projects in.

No comments: