Monday, December 1, 2008

An encouter ....

Today, while I was having my dinner with my parents at a nearby shop, came a woman asking us for money. The woman dress in clean clothes, had tidy clean hair (or so I think, from what I can see) and does not at all look handicap to me. She walk near our table speaking softly but still can be heard by all of us for money. We ignore her. The shop owner shouted at her asking her not to disturb her customers. The beggar, yes, that's what I would call her, walk slowly round our table and came over my side of the table and again begging for money. My dad said no to her and again the shop owner shouted at her warning her not to disturb her customers or else she would tell all her customers not to give her money.

All these while in my head I was thinking, why would this woman beg for money? I mean she's not handicap and she look perfectly in her sane mind. She had tidy and clean clothes and hair. So, to me, she can find a job and work for money instead of begging for money. What in her mind that make her do so?

Honestly speaking, I don't pity these kinda people. Not that I'm heartless, to me she can earn her living. Find a job as a restaurant helper or dish washer or what ever that can give her money rather than begging. Maybe to her begging is the most easiest way to earn money. If there's 10 tables in that shop and per table give her RM 1, wow, just 1 round of collection she can gain RM 10. That's a decent meal with a drink. Seems easy earning right? But on the other hand, can U do what she did? To beg in public and be as thick skin as her? Not everyone can do so. But with the current economy situation I think a lot of people might be desperate enough to beg.

From the religion book that I have read, being a beggar like her, u will be punished too in the after life. Punishment will be in the form of using copper/iron knives to scrape of the skin of the beggar's face cos the beggar did not use the correct path to earn money and are very thick skinned.

No comments: