Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas day. Wishing everyone a merry christmas!! ... This year I did not have any big celebration, no partying or clubbing. Just a dinner with my bf at this restaurant which he saw in one of those or rather a few food blogs.

We decided to give this restaurant a try since the rating seems to be quite good and it's nearby his place too. This restaurant's name is Fusion Haven. They served fusion foods obviously. From the photos of the food, it does look appealing and yummy too. The food are served ala French style, like when dining in fine dine restaurants. Portions are small and it's meticulously decorated. Nice to see and I definitely feel like eating it just by looking at the photos hehe

We asked the waiter over to get him to recommend us their signature dishes in each category ie the appetizer and snacks, main course, soups, etc. We ended up with most of their signature dishes. A mango salad, a smoked duck and cream of mushroom for my bf (the waiter told us that it is not can soup and it's freshly prepared), I ordered a pan fried dory tower, a unagi rice for my bf's mom and a snack of unagi roll. The food came as per the photo, not disappointing at all, a plus point for them :)

The unagi rice is nice according to my bf's mom. The smoked duck was a wee bit too salty for my liking. My pan fried dory wasn't at all nice to me, the fried dory is kinda cold and chewy to me, quite disappointing dish for me. The unagi roll is worth trying though. The soup came last and it came with a pastry on top of it ala Dome's signature soup pie. The pastry is crispy and delicious but the soup is very disappointing. One spoon of it and I know the waiter kinda lied cos I can taste that it is from a can soup. I do think they added extra mushrooms and maybe some other herbs to make the soup taste nicer. But sadly, me and my bf still agreed that the soup is still make of 70% can soup. Overall it's not a pricey place to go for dinner, our dinner came to about RM100. Cozy ambiance but with loud echo which make conversation hard. Not exactly a place I would wanna frequent though. Oh, and sorry no photos of the these food as I'm not a professional food blogger and we were too hungry to remember about photo taking hehe

That's my Christmas dinner. Next thing I know I actually had a Christmas dinner waiting for me at my aunt's. I guess there's a miscommunication between me and my aunt cos I thought the dinner is on Christmas day instead of the eve. I ended up joining them later on. My parents too. We reached there quite late. Really embarrassing as everyone is waiting for us. Nevertheless, I do enjoy my hours there playing with the dog and my little nephew and not forgetting the good food there. How can I not be fat with all these good food coming along during these festive seasons????? hehehe

No comments: