Monday, December 15, 2008

Homemade masks - tried and tested :)

Women, no matter how old they are, they all wanna be beautiful and look young. And just for that particular reason, we can spend thousands of ringgit in skin cares or cosmetics just to make ourselves beautiful :)

Myself included. Used to spend a lot on my skin cares as I am a firm believer of healthy skin speaks louder than a beautiful face with make up. So, beside the usual skin care regime, I diligently do my homework at home aka self facial with masks that I bought from pharmacies or supermarket.

Lately, I surf the net for homemade mask. I've heard a lot about the benefits of homemade mask before but have never tried any, so yesterday, I decided to give it a try.

I chose a banana and egg white mask. The ingredients are simple and easily found in a normal household. According to the net, this mask nourishes our skin, tighten our skin and have anti aging effects. The main ingredients are :

1 ripe banana (has moistening and soothing effects)
1 egg white (tighten and refine pores for firmer skin)
1 teaspoon of honey (helps in absorbing and retaining moisture)
3 spoonfuls of oatmeal (absorb and removes skin dirts, oil & impurities & is a natural skin cleanser)

Methods :

1. Peel off the banana and cut it into sections. Use a clean fork, smashed the banana on a flat surface.
2. Put the smashed banana into a bowl. Crack the egg for the egg white. Mix the egg white into the smashed banana.
3. Put in the honey and mix well.
4. Lastly, pour in the oatmeal and mix evenly.
5. Using a brush, apply the mask over your face. Start with a thin layer and then proceed with another layer of mask. Leave it for 20 minutes or longer if you like. Rinse it off with warm water and pat dry face. There should be leftover mask, keep it in the fridge and use it once everyday for 3 days for a better result. The mask should have a 2-3 days shelf life depending on how fresh the banana is :)

Verdict :
Day 01
After applying the mask on my face, I do look very silly. The mask smell nice with oatmeal. When I'm waiting for the mask to dry, it does feel that it's working it's wonder in firming my skin. After rinsing off, I do feel my face smoother and according to my mom, a bit fairer. Tonight I'm gonna try it again with the leftover. Looking forward to a fairer, smoother and firmer skin when I finish off the mask. Will update. :)

Indeed there's a lot of leftovers, I managed to finish the mask in 4 days ie for 4 nights I have been doing this mask. I do feel that my skin is smoother and firmer. My skin look healthier. The only downside of this mask is when you wash it off. It's hard to wash off the mask after it has dried. It kinda stick to your skin that's why the warm water helps. Try it out and see for yourself.

No comments: