Friday, December 5, 2008

Hurt and Wounded ...

A very bad day for me yesterday. It was raining with heavy thunder storm. I allowed my dog into the house as whenever there's a thunder storm he tend to make a big fuss about it, howling and barking and scratching. But even when he is in the house, he's on his leash. And to make him less anxious I gave him his bone to chew on. To distract him from the heavy thunder storm. He was chewing nicely and even fall asleep half way through chewing his bone.

I didn't bother him till later. When I go near him and wanted to pet him. That's when he bite my hand. Yes, he bite my hand really hard and as I was struggling to let go
, he bite more. He thought I wanna take away his bone. I took the cane and cane him as hard as I can with my other hand. Between the 'battle' I did not realize that he bite me that much. Eventually he let go. I thought it was just a small bite, then only I realize that I was actually bleeding when I saw droplets of blood on the floor. 2 of my fingers were quite badly bitten. There's a little swell on my hand, like a lump. One of my finger felt number and swollen. There's also a quite deep bite mark in between the thumb and the second finger. Luckily it have not reach my vein or else I think I'm gonna be crippled. I wash my hand with cold water, cleaning the blood and wound. Had to put a wool on it to stop the bleeding. Immediately I went up and took a cream to put on it. Wanted to bandage it but Steve came at this time. He was shocked to see my condition.

Was not that bad, just a very dark and furious and about to cry face on me :P
He took over the job to bandage me. He clean my wound with alcohol swabs as I don't have dettol. It's not painful as he said or I thought it should be. Maybe cos I have already wash it earlier. He dab on some antiseptic (yellow liquid) on the wool and cleanse my wound again. Then he bandage it. This pic show how does
my hand look like yesterday. I am like handicapped girl. Nope, I did not go see doctor immediately last night. I went to the doctor today and she said I should get a jab within 24 hours of the bite. Luckily it's still within 24 hours. Got my jab and medicine now. And I'm no more on bandage as doctor said it's best to let dog bite/scratch wound in the open and not cover it in bandage. Luckily my finger less swollen today and I can move my fingers as previous but still there is a numbness and painfulness in it. Have to handle my hand with care. And I still managed to type this blog out so I guess my fingers are on it's way to recovery :)

2 comments:

said...

aiyo... never go pray for too long is it? =,=" how come so "dong hak"??

petite girl said...

Ya lor ... that's why this yr I have to lay low le ... luck is not with me!