Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy DongZhi

Yesterday it's the DongZhi Festival. Most of us are back to hometown to be reunited with our families for a reunion dinner. Myself included. This year, instead of mom cooking up a storm for the four of us, we decided to celebrate it together with my uncles and aunties and their families.

We went for a brunch at Chuai Heng, Ampang Waterfront as they are having a promotion for dim sum. Per basket is only 2.88++ or 3.88++. Very cheap. Earlier on, I booked a table for 10, turns out there's a total of 13 of us sitting at the round table, happily ordering our dim sum and chatting away. Their dim sum is steamed whenever u ordered it and not those type where a lady pushing a cart full of dim sum selections for you to choose. The food is fresh and delicious. We finished each and every plates/baskets of dim sum. They even served us each a bowl of 'tong yuen' to celebrate DongZhi.The bill came to about RM 200+ only. Really cheap. Maybe cos most of my uncles and aunties are already senior citizen and they can't eat much but still it's cheap :)

For dinner, the whole gang went to one of my aunt's place. She's cooked up some dinner and most importantly my favourite hakka dish, the braised pork with sea cucumber and fu chuk :) I practically finished 1 bowl of the braised pork without eating much rice hehe.

Some said you have to eat the number of 'tong yuen' according to your age and also there's a saying, once you eat the 'tong yuen' you are a year older, which is which? I don't know but I know I had my share of 'tong yuen' and am definitely growing older a year :)

No comments: