Monday, December 29, 2008

Mama Mia! Musical


It was my first musical and definitely no regrets in having to pay such expensive ticket for it. It's every penny worth it. I got myself a pretty good seat. Fourth row from the orchestra. Of course, if given a choice the best seats would be another 4 rows behind where I'm seated.

Not complaining since my ticket cost me about RM 300++ after a 20% discount for early birds. The show starts at 3pm sharp. Late comers will have to wait till a few songs later before they are let in.

Just a little bit of recap of the storyline, it's about a girl who's getting married and wanting to know who her real father is and also to give her away for the wedding. This musical is full of laughters and of course, the ever famous Abba songs. I'm sure everyone is bound to either sing along with the cast members or hum along the songs, just like me. I sing along to almost all the songs. Not singing out loud of course. I do not wanna disturb others from enjoying the movie and certainly don't wanna be disturbed too.

I grew up listening to Abba, Beatles, The Carpenters, etc so basically I know the lyrics by heart. Oldies but the goodies! Thanks to my parents and till now, I'm still a fan of oldies.

Towards the end, some of the audiences actually stand up and dance along to their singing. I almost did hehe And till today, I still have those songs in my head and can't stop playing it on my pc or humming to the tune. I'm just loving it. I guess this is the beginning of my many musicals to come.

I have a dream, a song to sing .....

No comments: