Sunday, September 7, 2008

Illegal or Legal Car Jockey Service

I'm sure those who goes out clubbing will know of these so called 'car jockey' people. Was wondering if they actually have the license to operate as a car jockey and to actually park your cars at normal roadside with white or yellow line or even a proper out door parking lot??

This is what happened to me last fri night in Solaris, Mont Kiara. And yes, I'm darn pissed off by these car jockey. First of all, they did not put a proper sign or whatever to block that area to tell public it's ONLY meant for car jockey. Secondly, it's a roadside with white line so meaning I can issued summons by DBKL. Fyi, that area is under DBKL jurisdiction.

That night after dinner, I'm supposed to go a friend's club to celebrate my friend's birthday party. Those who know that area should know that everyone park on the roadside and some even park by the main roadside. It's quite a secluded area so it's not a busy main road. When I reach there I'm so happy to spot a roadside parking which is empty and near to the club I wanna go. After finally finish parking my car, come a guy knocking at my window. He told me that it is a jockey parking and that I have to pay RM10 and give him my car key. I told him that this is a roadside with yellow line (that time I didn't realised it is actually a white line) and that I can be issued summon by DBKL and if he is gonna pay for my summon or not? He smiled and kept on arguing that it is a jockey parking and that I have to pay and give him my car keys. I told him once again that it's a public roadside and asked him why I should even give him my car key when I parked my car there myself!!! Isn't it RIDICULOUS?? It's a public roadside. It's public area.

Then I asked for his operating license as a car jockey service. He said he don't know and that he is only a worker there and all those bullshit. Obviously they don't have a operating license or else he would have shown it to me. I told him I rather get summon than paying them. I'm really pissed off by them cos not only they can't provide me with a operating license, they want to even charged me RM 10 for parking myself and want to take my car keys!! I so wanted to just get off my car and walk away but I fear for my car safety. Not advisable for me to mess with these people as u never know if they will do any harm to my car or not. I was driving alone that night. So after arguing for 15 mins, I relented and drive away. Again I spot another roadside parking and again same thing happened. I'm darn pissed off. I really am. I give up and I have no choice but to park at the main roadside. When I was walking toward my friend's club, I tried to took pictures of these guys collecting money from public who park there and also too picture of that place. I told myself I am definitely gonna write or call up DBKL to make a big complain on this.

After that night, I regretted moving out from the roadside parking. Why? Cos I should have just got off the car and walk away telling them that if anything gonna happened to me or my car, I'm gonna lodge a police report against them and I should even take the picture of the guy. This is what I regretted. Nevertheless I am going to DBKL tomorrow and make a big complain about this people. Until I got the truth from DBKL, the next time I'm there I will know what to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hye Girl,

I guess you are not aware of those parking ways or how they run their business. Just a small explanations, if the jockey came & tell you it's a jockey parking even if it's in yellow or white line, you don't have to worry about it as they will take care of your car if there's any incident for summons gonna take place.

Why they ask for your key?
1) If in such case or incident, for example, if DBKL disturbs the car parked place, the jockey will drive your car to a safest place to avoid any summons

2)Jockey work is not easy as they will need to arrange the cars accordingly so that when the customers want their cars, it will be easier for the jockey or yourself to take it.

Why there required RM10?
To look after your car safely. If anything happens to your car, the jockey will be responsible for it.

petite girl said...

Yea I know how they run their biz but I still think it's inappropriate especially how they 'settled' DBKL side. Beside, I don't feel safe with them holding my car keys although mine is not any luxury car. Lastly, I still don't think it's worthy spending RM 10 a roadside-self-set-up jockey.