Monday, September 22, 2008

Is it safe in KL?

I find that these days in KL there are increasing numbers of snatch thieves. Maybe it did not happen to you before but ask around your friends, chances are quite a few of them had been snatched before or had heard of similar stories or have even seen it before but did not do anything to help. Yet another typical Kuala Lumpurian attitude, the mind your own business attitude. It's sad to know that there are people with such kinda attitude.

Just yesterday my friend, CY's hp was snatched from her hand while she's calling me. We were supposed to meet up for dinner in Sentul. Her god bro send her to the restaurant, as she's getting out of the car she tried to call me to ask where exactly is my location and that is when her hp got snatched. Yes, snatched from her very own hand. The call she made went through and I did pick up her call and keep saying 'hello, hello' and no one answer me back. At the same time, I heard from the phone and saw a guy on a bike sped off very loudly. At that moment I still did not know her phone got snatched until my friend call her other phone. That's when she told us her phone got snatched. The guy who snatched her phone practically scratch her face to hurt her in order to snatch the hp. That's how desperate these people are. All this happened in few meters away from the restaurant which have a lot of customers but in the darker area.

According to CY, there's a guy standing in front of her but did not do anything to help her. She said she did gave out a scream but I guess it's too noisy there that we did not heard it. She got a scratch mark from the thief on her eye. Right below her eye. She was very shocked from the incident. She did not sleep well last night. She's still shocked from the incident. Her first time being snatched thief victim. Who isn't? When I got snatched I was as shocked as she is if not worse cos my whole bag was snatched. I lost everything from my wallet to my car key and my new clothes!

But this serve as a lesson to us especially the girls. Avoiding talking on your hp while walking alone cos it make us easy prey. Don't put your hp, car keys etc on the table. Never leave our bags on an empty chair beside us no matter sitting in the restaurant or outside of the restaurant.
You think it won't happen to you just because you are in a upper class area? Think twice cos I was snatched in a upper class area. No matter where we go, we must be alert with our surrounding especially people who look suspicious. Even when I am driving back home alone at night I tend to be extremely careful. Never know when someone is tailing you home to rob you.

Sound pretty unsafe in KL? I'm not too sure either. But I try to avoid certain areas and be extra more careful especially at night when I'm alone.

1 comment:

Amy said...

yes! i totally agree. urgh. people are getting more desperate and they're ever willing to hurt for their own benefit. even ladies.. how unmanly!